This Master Class will address the 3 main questions when using Facebook:
- What content to publish: hard news, soft news, exclusive or reformatted
- What format to use: live broadcast, long videos, pics, articles
- How to publish it: what account, when, timing, brand, partnership or not
On day 1, you will get the opportunity to debate their own practises and challenges together with other Members.
On day 2, the visit to Facebook’s European headquarters in London will bring you up to date you with the latest developments on new, as well as existing, functionalities such as Facebook Live, and the Stories feature of Instagram.
In this Master Class, you will:
In a Member’s only set-up
- Exchange best practices and learn new ideas
- Discuss concerns of individual professionals and news teams
- Debate how to position your news via a vis Facebook and the pertinence of partnerships
At Facebook, you will gain direct insights about
- The news feed and pages
- Community Guidelines
- Instant Articles
- Facebook Live
- Monetisation opportunities
- Emerging Facebook platforms
PLEASE NOTE: This is a fully interactive event
- We invite participants to prepare 5 mins presentations explaining how they use Facebook and/or Instagram. Please email moderator, Justin Kings: email@example.com
- There will be the opportunity for a limited number of participants to get feedback from the Facebook news partnership team on their page/s. If you’d like to be considered for this, please email Justin.
- There will also be a chance to tour the Facebook building, please specify when registering for the event if you would like this opportunity.
Who it's for
- Heads of news and heads of digital strategy
- Journalists and editors
- Social media editors and producers
- Community managers
What you'll learn
- New ideas to use Facebook and Instagram
- Emerging best practice advice
- The latest development news on products
- How best to respond to current issues
Day 1: from 13.30 to 18.00
Venue: Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton, 130 Tottenham Court Road London W1T 5AY
- What are the 5 key issues regarding Facebook and Instagram?
- Learning from EBU Members' Facebook and Instagram successes
- Re-assessing strategic thinking around Facebook
- Preparation for day 2
Day 2: from 9.00 to 13.30
Venue: Facebook, 10 Brock St, Kings Cross, London NW1 3FG
- Welcome and intro to Facebook News Partnerships' team
- Facebook Journalism Project update
- Video roadmap
- Publishing tools and tips
- Instagram for newsrooms
Debrief and conclusions (venue tbc)
Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton and
18 Mar 2017
- 1st participant: EUR 750
- 2nd participant from same company (25% discount): EUR 562.50
- Additional participants from same company (50% discount): EUR 375 per person
The price includes tuition, course material and coffee breaks. It does not include any other meals, travel or hotel costs.
Payment and cancellation policy
All participants are responsible for their own accommodation during the Master Class. To book a room, please contact the hotel of your choice directly.
Please note that our preparatory meeting on day 1 will be held at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton
Business Development Manager