This visit will look at how NRK is facing the digital transformation challenge through innovation, organizational change and partnerships.
To better understand the processes, what works and what doesn't, leading editorial and technology professionals from NRK will present examples and case studies of successful – or not so successful - innovations.
Who it’s for
- EBU Members only
- Heads of news, cross-media editors, TV, radio and online editors, heads of production (IT and broadcast),
- Heads of strategy, heads of innovation, innovation lab managers, creators, inventors
- Max. 20 participants, and no more than 2 participants per Member
Day 1: from 11:00 to 18:00
A networking dinner will be held on day 1 evening. More information about this dinner will be communicated in due course.
Day 2: from 09:00 to 15:30
- Innovation in News: new strategy and new organization; media partnership on fake news;
- Innovation in Technology: Project Origo, a new storage architecture for production developed in-house
- Innovation in programmes: online videos, finding new ideas for programmes, Skam, NRK Super (for the young)
- Innovation in production: graphics made easy, doing regional TV-show alone, multicam production operated by one person
Download full programme
Background information on IOI
Implementing Open Innovation (IOI)* is a strategic programme jointly run by the EBU Technology and Innovation department and the Eurovision Academy (part of the EBU Media Department).
Implementing Open Innovation:
- Examines and documents the structures and processes within an organization that make it possible to generate ideas, develop and test innovations, and eventually ensure a successful transfer into mainstream production;
- Brings to the forefront products and services that allow Public Service Media organizations to better serve digital audiences;
- Explores the local or national digital innovation landscape – start-ups, other media actors, universities – in which EBU Members operate and highlights existing strategic partnerships;
- Examines the major corporate culture change that the gradual shift to IP, IT, data and cloud-driven technologies brings about, the opportunities it creates, and how it impacts the way professionals work and the way content is produced.
*This programme was initially titled FCP, Flexible Content Production
26 May 2017
The price includes tuition, course material, 2 lunches and a networking dinner.
It does not include travel and hotel costs.
All participants are responsible for their own accommodation during the course. Please contact the hotel of your choice directly.
Partners and Sponsors
Implementing Open Innovation (IOI) themed visits are jointly run by the Technology & Innovation Department and the Eurovision Academy Media Department.
This visit has been developed in partnership with
Business Development Manager