Social Media Trends Summit 2016
Head of Corporate Development and Strategic Initiatives
+41 22 717 2230
Senior Project Manager
+41 22 717 2422
The Eurovision Social Media Trends Summit (#EBUsocial) is the annual event to explore strategies and to exchange knowledge and best practice in the field of social media for public service media with the wider EBU Membership.
After the huge success of the first ever Trends Summit in 2015, registration for the Eurovision Social Media Trends Summit 2016 is now open!
This year's event will take place in Oslo, Norway (9-10 March) at the kind invitation of EBU's Norwegian Member NRK. The event is open all EBU Members.
Topics for discussion will include:
- Social media case studies from public service broadcasters
- Emerging tools and messaging apps (Snapchat, Instagram, WhatsApp): tips and opportunities
- Repurposing content for social-transmedia
- Legal aspects of social media
- Big social brands: friends or enemies?
- Guidelines: "think before you tweet" vs freedom of expression
- KPIs: what are your traffic objectives?
- Better listening for better engaging
- Social media & sports: the perfect marriage
- Gadget workshop: mobile apps to create content for social
Join us for:
- Best practices & inspiration from other colleagues in Public Service Broadcasters
- Tips and tools for your daily work
- Creativity and content strategies: get practical advice on how to improves skills on creative storytelling
- Interactivity: send questions and challenges to our experts and speakers
About the previous edition
Last year, over 115 Member delegates - more than double the anticipated numbers - attended the first ever Eurovision Social Media Trends Summit. The event was hosted by the London School of Economics.
With speakers from Twitter, Instagram, HootSuite and some of the EBU's most socially active broadcasteres, the conference focused on the opportunities that social media offer public broadcasters to better serve their audiences.
Early bird fee (until 15 February) EUR 149.00
Full price (after 15 February): EUR 189.00
Registration fees include:
Access to all sessions of the Eurovision Social Media Trends Summit
Lunch (x2) and coffee breaks at the venue
Social event in the evening of 9 March