Digital News Workshop for the Digital and News Communities in PSM
Head of Corporate Development and Strategic Initiatives
+41 22 717 2230
If digital is the new normal, what is the impact for news production and consumption trends?
In an increasingly digital society, smartphones and referrals are at the center of news consumption habits. News production nowadays means going mobile and going social. It is our duty as public service media (PSM) to adapt rapidly to changes in the media environment in order to serve all audiences effectively with high-quality content and on all devices and platforms.
We would like to invite you to join a one-day workshop to explore experiences, ideas and case studies about how public service media organisations are delivering digital news services. We hope to inspire you, to find opportunities for collaboration and to listen to your challenges in order to continue offering EVN News services that meet your needs.
The workshop is open to EBU Members only.
Final Agenda (.PDF)
Topics for discussion and case studies will include:
1. Presentation of the Eurovision News services and how you can benefit from them as EBU Members
2. Trends in PSM news apps: content, format, design, functions
3. Case studies of 100% digital news products in PSM
3. Best practices in PSM web and social media strategies for news
4. Building relationships with third party distribution platforms
5. Reaching young audiences with news content
6. 360, VR and AR production
7. Opportunities for collaboration with the Eurovision News community
The programme will include a visit to the Eurovision Newsroom and MCR in Geneva.
Find out more about our News Services.
The workshop will take place on 24 August (10:00 – 17:00).
Download the detailed programme (.PDF)
The EBU Headquarters in Geneva.
Lunch will be served at the venue of the workshop.