Women Executives in Media 5th Meeting: Women and Sport
Head of EBU Academy
+41 22 717 21 46
The Finnish Broadcasting Company, Yle, is happy to host the 5th Women Executives in Media (WEM) meeting which will focus on "Women and Sport".
We will bring together both journalists and leading people from the sports field to discuss issues concerning women sports coverage in media, diversity and sports as a personal development tool.
We will also offer you some outdoor activities.
The meeting will be held the day before the opening ceremony of the next Winter Olympic Games in Pyeongchang, which will be taken into account in the final programme.
Hoping to see you all in Helsinki next winter!
This year's hosts
- Marit af Björkesten, Director of News
- Riitta Pihlajamäki, Head of Current Affairs
- Tarja Bonde Jensen, Head of Studio and Director Yle News, project coordinator WEM 2018
- Gunilla Ohls, Director, Strategy
Who it's for
This networking event is geared towards women executives, in particular:
- Members of managing and executing boards and senior managers
- Discuss the importance of sport in our modern societies, the presence and role of women in sport in particular
- Debate sport as a personal development tool and a natural guide to enhance one's leadership
- Discuss the relationship between sport and the media from a women's perspective: are PSM doing a good job?
Day 1, from 16.00 to 21.00
Day 2, from 8.45 to 15.30
Day 1 - Sport activities
- Meeting at Allas Sea pool: welcome and introduction
- Outdoor activity, option to choose (sauna and outdoor swimming pool or disco dance lesson)
- Evening cocktail, incl. keynote speech by Tuija Brax, Secretary General of the Finnish Heart Assocation (and former Minister and Member of Parliament)
Day 2 - Women and sport
- Welcome message and introduction
- The importance of sport in our societies: keynote address
- Women and sport, from women athletes' perspective
- PSM and sports coverage: brands, audiences, gender and excellence
- Visit to Yle studios - First day of the Winter Olympics 2018
Cilla Benkö, Director General SR, member of the EBU Executive Board, Sweden
Gunilla Ohls, Director, HR, Communications & Strategy, Yle, Finland
Tarja Halonen, former President of the Republic of Finland
Åsa Edlund Jönsson, Head of SVT Sports, Sweden
|Panu Polkinen, Head of Sports, Yle, Finland|
EBU Academy do not make hotel reservations. Please contact directly the hotel of your choise.
List of recommended hotels (booking deadline: 6 Jan 2018):
7 Feb: Allas Sea Pool, Katajanokanlaituri 2a, Helsinki
8 Feb: Hartwall Arena, Areenankuja 1, Helsinki
Created in 2013 by the EBU, the WEM group offers a dynamic and lively forum for women media executives to network, share professional experiences, and strive to achieve greater influence in their sector. Find out more about our Women Executives in Media Group.