EBU session at EYE event: Tell me about it
Head of Corporate Development and Strategic Initiatives
+41 22 717 2230
This year's European Youth Event by the European Parliament will take place on 1 and 2 June in the European Parliament's seat in Strasbourg. The event is a unique opportunity for young Europeans to make their voices heard.
During the event, over 8,000 young people from all over Europe will get together to discuss with European decision makers and to come up with ideas for the future of Europe.
EBU Session at the event: "Tell Me About It"
EBU Media has produced a session at the event: "Tell Me About It". Young professionals from EBU Members will discuss how media are / could be innovating to engage with younger audiences and keep them well informed so they can take better social and democratic decisions.
Fake news, misinformation and disinformation are some of today’s biggest threats to democracy. Providing all audiences with independent news content, exploring new creative formats and tools, and helping the audience to better understand the world around them is crucial for a democratic society. What is the role of the public service media in all this? What new formats and tools can be developed to fight fake news? How do we engage the audience and help them to understand complex stories by telling them in simple ways? How can we produce content that is more relevant and easier to understand for everyone?
- Kreeta-Maria Kivioja, Yle
- Lukas Hansen, Deutsche Welle
- Nick Rotherham, BBC
- Madiana Asseraf, EBU, Chair and session producer
Follow-up to the event:
- July 2018: a report featuring the most concrete ideas discussed during the event will be distributed to all Members of the European Parliament (MEPs).
- Autumn 2018: some participants will present the most developed ideas from the report to a number of parliamentary committees and get feedback from MEPs.