+41 22 717 2505
The Legal & Policy Assembly met at Sveriges Radio headquarters, in Stockholm, on 9th and 10th May 2019 to update senior legal and policy Members on the latest developments impacting public service media in Europe and beyond, as well as to provide an opportunity for sharing experiences and networking.
This Spring, we focused on two main subjects. The first one concerned the debates and challenges PSM are currently facing in Europe, with presentations by David Levy (ex-Reuters Institutes for the Study of Journalism) and Séverine Schori-Vogt (SSR-SRG-GD). The second main focus was on Artificial Intelligence and the regulatory and ethical implications for PSM, with presentations by Tim Gordon (Best Practice AI), Jaakko Lempinen (YLE, Finnish public broadcaster) and Mariella Bastian (Institute for Information Law, IViR).
A detailed update on the Public Affairs roadmap was also provided, together with a broader update on the recent work of the EBU Legal & Policy Department, and a dedicated session on the new EU framework.
Elections for a new Legal & Policy Committee were held for the period 2019-2021.
Sveriges Radio AB
- DSM Copyright and NetCab Directives - Heijo Ruijsenaars, Anne-Sarah Skrebers and Vincent Sneed Members Only
- Platform-to-Business Regulation - Sarah Turnbull, Wouter Gekiere Members Only
- Revised Audiovisual Media Services Directive - Michael Wagner, Sarah Turnbull, Wouter Gekiere Members Only
- Draft e-privacy Regulation - Anne-Catherine Berg, Guenaelle Collet Members Only
- Draft online terrorist content Regulation - Sarah Turnbull, Julie Lenoir Members Only
- Draft e-evidence Regulation - Sarah Turnbull, Julie Lenoir Members Only
- Whistleblowers Directive - Michael Wagner, Julie Lenoir Members Only
- Proud to Present 01 - SR Members Only
- Proud to Present 02 - UR Members Only
- Proud to Present 03 - SVT Members Only
- Public Services Media in Europe - David Levy Members Only
- Public Services Media in Europe - Séverine Schori-Vogt Members Only
- Update on Public Affairs Roadmap - Nicola Frank, Wouter Gekiere, Isabelle Dochy, Vincent Sneed, Guenaelle Collet Members Only
- Artificial Intelligence - Tim Gordon Members Only
- Artificial Intelligence - Jaakko Lempinen Members Only
- Artificial Intelligence - Mariella Bastian Members Only
- Elections of the Legal and Policy Committee - Richard Burnley, Ausra Semeniene Members Only
- EBU Gender Equality Initiative - Florence Hartmann Members Only