Science and Knowledge Meeting and Pitching Session
EBU and Sunny Side of the Doc unite to help launch and showcase the best story-driven Science projects with international appeal. For its 30th anniversary edition, the international marketplace for documentary and narrative experiences held in La Rochelle on 24-27 June 2019, calls on the international broadcasting community to '"stand up for science"!
Therefore, a newly designed EBU pitching session behind closed doors will be organized on Monday 24 June in partnership with Sunny Side of the Doc.
We are pleased to send out this wider call to public and private broadcasters, digital platforms, foundations involved in high-quality science programming and offer 9 new projects a greater opportunity to move from the media laboratory into production, through international collaborations.
EBU Pitching Session (24 Jun, 15:00 - 18:00)
If you have a project to submit to this EBU Science pitching session, note that the deadline is Friday 19 April and that you must:
- fill in the enclosed submission form (one for each project) and add a synopsis/treatment (2 pages maximum).
- return both, the submission form and the synopsis/treatment, as a Word document (.doc) to Stefano Salucci firstname.lastname@example.org
The 9 selected projects will be registered for free and benefit from visibility within the printed Industry Guide of Sunny Side of the Doc.
- Each project to be pitched has to be commissioned / financed by either an EBU member or any international broadcaster / platform / foundation.
- We are looking for projects with a highly international prime time potential in the field of science.
- Projects with a multiplatform and cross media approach are greatly appreciated.
- A trailer is mandatory for the preselection process and the pitching.
- The projects to be pitched will be selected by a preselection committee, consisting of the EBU Science and Knowledge Experts Bureau and representative(s) from Sunny Side of the Doc.
- Criteria for the preselection: Modern approach / visualisation, popularity to reach a broader audience, relevance of the topic, new approach / originality, international appeal, feasibility.
Attending Sunny Side of the Doc 2019
If you’re a decision maker, registration for Sunny Side of the Doc 2019 is mandatory in order to access the marketplace venue. To do so, we invite you to contact at your earliest convenience Patrizia Mancini or Doriane Boisseleau .
Note that the official Sunny Side of the Doc’s Science & Nature Pitch Session (open to all delegates) is currently open for submissions with a deadline of 19 April 2019: https://www.sunnysideofthedoc.com/call-for-projects/