Virtual Roundtable / EVN - COVID-19 Responses
News External Relations Manager & Digital News Lead
+41 22 717 28 50
In response to the unprecedented challenge to public-service broadcasters posed by the Covid-19 pandemic, the EBU News Exchange proposes a virtual roundtable for the EVN contacts for an exchange of information. If time allows, some emerging themes will be discussed.
Each participating broadcaster will respond briefly regarding the following:
- What are the major operational challenges you are facing?
- Production workflows
- Office / remote working
- How is the News Exchange servicing your needs so far?
- What is it that you are missing from the News Exchange?
- Should the EBU prioritise coordination of any activities that could be beneficial (further update webinars, content pooling?)
How to join:
- Register for the event here
- After registering you will receive a link to a Teams meeting
- Revise the attached PDF on how to join a Teams meeting. Note that one doesn't need to have the Microsoft Teams application to join this meeting.
Online meeting etiquette:
Due to the nature of the meeting we ask you to observe the following meeting etiquette:
- Keep your mic muted always except for when you would like to speak
- You can turn your camera off if the internet connection is slow and turn it on when you need to speak.
- You can choose not to receive video from the rest of the participants (I'll explain how to activate this option at the beginning of the meeting)
- You are well lighted and in a quiet room
- If you would like to speak, try to do it without interrupting the person currently speaking
Time: 14h00-15h00 CET