Return to Play: Post-pandemic approaches to sport production
Women’s Sport Project Lead
+41 22 717 26 91
While the devastating effects of the COVID-19 pandemic continue to ripple through the sports industry, the easing of restrictions across Europe has led to a timid recovery in live sport.
In this common-to-all recovery period, we would like to draw from everyone's experience in order to identify the most efficient and innovative ways of working as well as formulating guiding principles to help our community move forward.
We will be welcoming Trevor Turner, Head of Media Systems at Forumla 1, who will offer valuable insights from the delivery of the Grand Prix in Austria.
Trevor will be joined by our colleagues:
- Yolanda Garcia Cuevas, RTVE
- Brigitte Janssen, NOS Sport
- Mateja Mir, RTV Slovenia
The discussion will be moderated by Cliona O`Leary, Deputy Head of Sport at RTE, and will be centred around the following topics:
- Health & safety measures for staff and stakeholders and contingency plans in case of infections
- Production solutions and on-site facilities in the wake of COVID-19 restrictions
- Workflows to allow athlete-media engagement
- Editorial considerations, notably with respect to the lack of spectators
- New ways of working that could be carried forward