Head of Radio
+41 79 704 2461
We are delighted to invite you to the first Podcast Pitching Forum co-organized with Radio France.
Podcast listening has been on a steady rise across Europe and both broadcasters, as well as private production houses, are experimenting, innovating, and introducing fresh topics to the audio scene through on-demand content. This is the first EBU event bringing together senior podcast producers to explore the potential of sharing successful formats across the EBU radio membership. We will take a deep dive into topics related to podcast development and storytelling:
- Going digital – strategies to work efficiently with our content on our own platforms
- Marketing and community building – making sure our content is findable, how to get it to the podcast fans and grow a community around it
- New talent – actively searching & attracting talented indie producers to come and work with a public service radio outlet
- Podcast adaptation – why and how to adapt podcasts from one language to another
- Kids content – case studies on successful podcasts for kids
Through focus discussions and pitching sessions, participants will have the opportunity to learn about innovative programs, exchange knowledge and practices, and collaborate with each other!
This Forum will take place at La Maison de la Radio et de la Musique on 22-23 September 2022.
Thursday 22 September 2022
- 12:30: Welcome lunch
- 14:00: Pitching sessions and focus discussions
- 20:00: Drinks and surprise social event
Friday 23 September 2022
- 09:00: Pitching sessions and focus discussions
- 14:00: Networking buffet
- 15:00: End of the Forum
Take look at the detailed agenda here.
This event is for podcast producers, content creators, program directors, heads of digital, heads of program, heads of podcast teams, etc. Everybody working at public service broadcasters producing podcast formats, developing podcast strategy, or working with on-demand content and platforms is welcome to join.
The selection committee will soon announce the selected formats and send further instructions for preparing the podcast for the event.
Have a look at the list of hotels recommended by Radio France for your stay in Paris.