GENERATION WHAT? – EUROPE is the international version of a successful French format developed by independent production companies Yami2 and Upian for France Télévisions.
This transmedia format combines an online questionnaire about life, love and work aimed at young people aged 18-34 and features an interactive website, web videos, TV documentaries, and radio and newspaper content. The responses will be analysed by sociologists in an attempt to increase understanding of the opinions, behaviour, aspirations and values of young people in more than 30 European countries.
EBU’s role includes:
- Developing an online strategy to engage with an international audience, in collaboration with Members, to create a Europe-wide conversation. The aim is to create an online buzz to generate interest and promote the project
- Creating initiatives and events together with the Members involved, such as opening shows, talk show concepts or international radio games based on the project's the core themes
- Creating a pan-European document interpreting the responses given by more than 900,000 people
- Develop indispensable, high-quality public service content
- Help Members engage with a younger audience and acquire a deeper understanding of how young people think, behave and consume
- Be a point of reference for Members
- Promote public service values