As a journalist, you need to be well equipped physically and mentally to face potential dangers when reporting in unsafe and unpredictable situations.
You will acquire the tools and knowledge needed to assess danger in war zones, areas of civil unrest and also urban uprisings, humanitarian crises, terrorist attacks as well as natural disasters.
HEST addresses your questions on safety, trauma and stress while you prepare stories under simulated hostile environments, in both rural and urban settings.
Who it's for
- Journalist, reporter, correspondent
- Cameraman working in the field and
- Head of foreign news desk
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses when reporting in hostile environments
- Better assess the risks of operating in extreme conditions
- Acquire essential tools to handle stress and safety
- Exchange experiences in a stimulating environment
- Collection of participants between 13:00 and 13:30 at Munich airport, please ensure that your flight lands by no later than 12:30
- Reception and introduction to situation awareness and personal security module at 15:30 at the Castle Hexenagger
- Course ending time: 16:30
- Back to Munich airport at 18:00
- Situation awareness and personal security
- Planning how to get a story
- Logistics and safety planning
- Basic life-support course
- Avoiding kidnap, surviving abduction
- Stress management
- Working with the military
- Practical training in civil disturbance and operating safety in high risk urban areas
- Practical training in a conflict environment
- Medical and first aid (gunshot wound, heavy bleeding, broken limbs)
Objective Safety Travel professionals, including:
- Former senior officers
- Trainers and operators from the British Special Forces
- Front-line media professionals
- Specialists in technical and IT security
- Medical experts
Schloss Hexenagger, Munich
Détails concernant l'inscription
This course is now fully booked. Please contact email@example.com for information on upcoming dates for Safety and Security courses.
The registration fee includes instruction fees, all course material, meals, accommodation and transfer from/to Munich airport to/from the venue.
It does not include travel costs to and from Munich.
Payment and cancellation policy
The participants will be accommodated in the castle Hexenagger
Langues de travail
Partenaires et Sponsors
Objective Safety Travel is our partner on all Eurovision Academy safety training courses.
Terrorism and the Media: A Handbook for Journalists
Responsable EBU Academy