Technology, workflow and market essentials for networked media production
The Master Class is designed to support EBU Members in their transition to a full live-IP production environment. Held over 1.5 days, the course gives a high-level strategic and technology overview on the issue.
It also provides an excellent opportunity for EBU Members to bring together IT and broadcast specialists around a common understanding of the key developments and challenges and benchmark their own state of play
The content of the course undergoes constant review to ensure that participants are brought up to date with the latest standards, products and market trends. New content has been recently developed on the following topics:
- Networks: going over the basics as well as more advanced knowledge
- Security and the vulnerability of networks
- Audio over IP solutions and standards for TV production
- System Design covering monitoring & troubleshooting, network design, connection management, network management and transitioning from SDI to ST2022-6 to ST 2110 and remote production
- An opportunity to discuss Live IP transition strategies with peers
Who it’s for
- Chief technology officers, project managers,
- Planning engineers, system and network designers and architects,
- Broadcast and network engineers involved in developing their broadcaster's production platform
- AV technicians and engineers with either an IT or broadcast technology background in need to complement their knowledge
What you’ll learn
- State of play regarding products, existing standards and current standardization efforts
- Keys to understanding technology developments, with a special highlight on interoperability, monitoring, trouble shooting & security issues
- Characteristics of networks for media
- Challenges and possible strategies for a transition to Live-IP facilities
Day 1: 13:00 – 17:45
Day 2: 09:00 – 16:00
The programme includes case studies, group exercises, and presentations.
- Introduction to live IP production
- Conceptual model – Live IP TV production reference architecture
- Networks 101
- Networks advanced
- Standards, products and market trends
- Audio over IP for TV production
- What about security
- System design
- How to manage the transition to live IP production
Le Grand-Saconnex, Geneva
13 Dec 2017
This Master Class is full. Should you wish to join our waiting list or be informed on the next Master Class, please contact us.
- 1st participant: EUR 750
- 2nd participant from same company (25% discount): EUR 562.50
- Additional participants from same company (50% discount): EUR 375
The price includes tuition, course materials, one sandwich lunch and coffee breaks. It does not include any other meals, travel or hotel costs.
Payment and cancellation policy
EBU Academy do not make hotel reservations. However, we have negotiated competitive rates with some of the hotels near the venue and the city centre.
Please contact the hotel of your choice directly.
Hotels offering special rates for the EBU/Eurovision (pdf)
The Master Class has been developed in collaboration with EBU Technology & Innovation
Networking, learning and debating live on Live IP!
EBU Technology & Innovation experts' group: Future networked systems
Business Development Manager