Understand what works best for you
Snapchat and Instagram are battling over younger audiences. The Master Class identifies the specifics of both platforms – features and user experience – to help you create the most relevant stories for each network.
The course also explores the shared grammar of vertical storytelling and gives you an opportunity, through a practical exercise, to test your ideas and implement your learning right away.
Who it's for
- Multimedia content creators
- Heads of publishing
- Social media producers, editors/community managers
- Journalists and editors
What you'll learn
- Key features and functions of Snapchat and Instagram
- What makes vertical storytelling different
- How to create engaging content on Instagram/Snapchat stories
- Publishing scenarios
Day 1: 13:00 - 18:00
- Module 1: Instagram vs Snapchat, identifying the key opportunities
- Module 2: Instagram best practice
- Module 3: Pioneering vertical video - Exploring the emerging languages of this form of storytelling
- Story clinic - reviewing participants' work
Day 2: 09:00 - 13:00
- Module 4: Snapchat best practice
- Personal exercise: create Instagram and Snapchat stories based on today’s news
- Key learning and action points
Smartphones and tablets with the Instagram and Snapchat apps already downloaded
16 Feb 2018
- 1st participant: EUR 750
- 2nd participant from same company (25% discount): EUR 562.50
- Additional participants from same company (50% discount): EUR 375 per person
The price includes tuition, course materials and coffee breaks. It does not include any other meals, travel or hotel costs.
Payment and cancellation policy
EBU Academy do not make hotel reservations. However, we have negotiated competitive rates with some of the hotels near the venue and the city centre. Please contact the hotel of your choice directly.
Hotels offering special rates for the EBU/Eurovision (pdf)
Business Development Manager