Instagram keeps growing and growing. Right now it has 500 million daily users globally. Its potential is undisputable but compared with other social networks, it can be hard to build an active following.
So how do you grow an Instagram audience?
This Master Class delves into the details of the platform’s identity, algorithm and specific functionalities and shows how you can use them to increase your reach and develop meaningful conversations with your audiences.
Through the analysis of a broad range of successful – or not so successful – examples, you will identify the tools and techniques needed to produce compelling Instagram stories. Eventually, as part of a real-life exercise, you will reflect on your Instagram strategy and also produce an Instagram story.
Who it's for
- Social media editors, community managers and producers
- Multimedia content editors and producers
- Heads of publishing and content strategists
- Communication specialists
What you'll learn
- How the Instagram algorithm and news feed work
- Techniques to increase reach and number of followers
- Instagram’s tools and functionalities for producing compelling content
- The successful elements of an engaging Instagram Story
Day 1: from 13:00 to 17:30
Day 2: from 09:00 am to 13:00
Module 1: How to appear in more news feeds – and more often
- Understand what makes a successful account
- How the algorithm works and what this means for your content
- Best practices for using photos, texts and videos
Module 2: The building blocks of an engaging Instagram story
- Group exercise in which participants will share engaging Instagram stories
- Exploring the common characteristics of compelling stories
- The language of vertical storytelling
Module 3: Instagram content clinic
- Participants will share and discuss examples of their own work on Instagram, which will then be criticized by the rest of the class
Module 4: Exercise
- Part 1 – Building an Instagram strategy for a new channel
- Part 2 – Producing an Instagram story in line with this strategy
A device with Instagram downloaded and installed
12 Jun 2018
- 1st participant: EUR 750
- 2nd participant from same company (25% discount): EUR 562.50
- Additional participants from same company (50% discount): EUR 375 per person
The price includes tuition, course materials and coffee breaks. It does not include any other meals, travel or hotel costs.
Payment and cancellation policy
EBU Academy does not make hotel reservations. However, we have negotiated competitive rates with some of the hotels near the venue and the city centre. Please contact the hotel of your choice directly.
Hotels offering special rates for the EBU/Eurovision (pdf)
Business Development Manager