HEST brings you a two-day safety and risk management refresher course in Hexenagger.
HEST is the reference course in Europe preparing media professionals for assignments under extreme conditions.
Situated near Munich, Hexenagger is the perfect location to do as many practical exercises as possible.
This 2-day course aims to provide journalists and technical media professionals working in the field with an update on new threats, while consolidating information already taught but perhaps forgotten.
It is an important reminder that will ultimately increase skill levels so that the entire crew can feel confident administering first aid to injured colleagues without losing their cool.
Who it's for
- All media journalists and reporters
- Cameramen and technical staff
who have already completed the HEST course before.
What you'll learn
- The bed-rock of personal safety and update on new threats
- Crime prevention, use of local transport
- Weapon characteristics – hand guns, rifles, mortars etc. Weapons penetration and selecting protective clothing. An update on mines and IED threats
- Options in the event of terrorist attack
- Current kidnap threat. The principles of avoidance and the physical and moral techniques of surviving in captivity
- Techniques for negotiating safe passage and identifying early escalating dangers
- Basic life-saving, practising diagnostic and first aid techniques. How to stabilize casualties
- Useful tips and advice for women working abroad, assisted by women present
- How to extract a casualty from vehicles. Reduce the chances of an accident
Day 1: Collection at the Munich airport between 15:00 and 15:30 followed by about 2 hours of course. Dinner at 20.30 at Schloss Hexenagger.
Day 2: From 9:00 to 20:00
Day 3: From 8:45 to 16:30
- Safety awareness
- Preparation and personal security
- Review of field safety
- Weapons and ballistics awareness
- Mines and IEDs
- Medical 1 – introduction and trauma
- Abduction survival
- Emotional trauma
- Working in crowds
- Medical 2 – practical
- Women issues abroad
- Medical 3 – road traffic accidents
During medical training we suggest you wear suitable clothing as fake blood may be used , even if it comes out in the wash!
Three instructors from Objective Safety Travel:
- former senior officers
- trainers and operators from the British Special Forces
- front-line media professionals
- medical experts
Schloss Hexenagger, Riedenburg, Germany
24 Sep 2018
This Master Class is full. New dates will be available for 2019.
Fee: EUR 1'950/person
The price includes tuition, course materials, meals and coffee breaks, 2 nights at Schloss Hexenagger, transportation from and to Munich airport. It does not include the international flight.
Payment and cancellation policy
The participants will be accommodated in the castle Hexenagger
Partners and Sponsors
Objective Safety Travel is our partner on all EBU Academy safety training courses
Head of EBU Academy