When Hollywood film directors start shooting feature films on iPhones you know it’s time to take the camera on your phone seriously.
Not only are phone cameras improving at a staggering rate, but apps and accessories are developing to cement the smartphone as a professional tool. It’s also the fastest and most affordable way to broadcast or stream live from anywhere that has internet connectivity.
This Master Class will help you join the new generation of journalists. It will get you up to speed on shooting video – even if you are a beginner – and mastering the workflow. Once you understand how to make the best of your device, as well as which apps and kit to use, you will be able to produce professional-level stories across all platforms using just your phone.
Who it's for
- Journalists and communications professionals
Latest apps and accessories that can make your content look and sound polished and fit for PSM platforms
Building blocks of engaging content: step-by-step formulas to help you create top-quality video, audio and photo content in a short period of time and even if you are a complete beginner
How to shoot and edit high-quality, professional video using just a smartphone or tablet
Day 1: from 13:00 to 17:30
- Module 1: Why a smartphone is the solution to your problems
- Module 2: The basics of shooting great video
- Module 3: Shooting formulas that will make your life easy
- Module 4: Video interviews that look and sound professional
Day 2: from 9:00 to 17:00
- Module 5: Great visuals that will get attention
- Module 6: Telling your story in video
- Module 7: Editing and sharing your video
- Module 8: Fast yet engaging social media content
- Module 9: Live-streaming
- Smartphone with at least 2 GB free memory
- Hands-free earphones (if you have them)
Le Grand-Saconnex, Geneva
09 Dec 2018
- 1st participant: EUR 950
- 2nd participant from the same company: EUR 712.50 (25% discount)
- Additional participant from the same company: EUR 475 (50% discount)
The price include tuition, course materials and coffee breaks. It does not include any other meals, travel or hotel costs.
Payment and cancellation policy
EBU Academy dot not make hotel reservations. However, we have negociated competitive rates with some hotels near the venue and the city centre. Please contact the hotel of your choice directly.
Hotels offering special rates for the EBU/Eurovision (pdf)
Business Development Manager