SPECIAL NOTE: This event is cancelled but will be offered online. If you are already registered you will receive more information in due course.
Security officers are an important component of the security for media organizations. They are responsible for minimizing risks for journalists and reporters working in the field by providing them with adequate preparation and training. They also have to ensure that everything is prepared in the back office - at the headquarters, in the Newsroom and with IT. A number of policies and plans have to be put in place.
This is the 15th meeting of the security officers and the group promotes a supportive working environment.
Come and join us. You will be able to discuss your personal concerns and challenges with fellow experts and find support and ideas.
This Network & Learn for security officers aims to address crucial safety issues at a corporate level.
from EBU Member organizations
• Understand and prepare for different types of threats and incidents that can arise in the field.
• Learn how to manage media teams to ensure they help and don't hinder you as you try to protect them.
• Prepare for a crisis and expect the unexpected. The key to security is planning.
• Gain a clearer picture of the tools at your disposal that can make life easier and safer.
Day 1: Wednesday 22 April 2020
• 9:00 – 12:00: Digital security workshop by Eliot Stempf, Buzzfeed
Follow up to the Brussels meeting on digital security (feel free to ask your IT security person to come also).
• 12:00 to 13:30: Lunch
• 13:30 to 17:30/18:00 : Meeting
• 19:00 : Networking dinner
Day 2: Thursday 23 April 2020
09:00 to 14:00 (lunch included): meeting
The content of the course undergoes constant review to ensure that participants are brought up to date with the latest safety issues.
A detailed programme will be available in due time.
Olivier Lalo and Bruno Beeckman from EBU will present a contribution on big events including G7 and Davos.
22 - 23 Apr 2020
The price includes tuition, course materials, coffee breaks and two lunches. It does not include the networking dinner, travel and hotel costs.
Raumnummer - 004 01 042
Its located on the first floor.
BR Bayerischer Rundfunk
80335 München, Germany
Please use the side Entrance (old Main Entrance) Hopfenstraße, because it’s the shortest way. See Lageplan Standort-br-funkhaus for details.