The Master Class is designed to support EBU Members in their transition to a full live-IP production environment. The course gives a high-level strategic and technology overview on the issue.
Please note: the duration of the Master Class has been extended to 2.5 days and will include demonstrations on networks, SMPTE 2110 and NMOS.
It also provides an excellent opportunity for EBU Members to bring together IT and broadcast specialists around a common understanding of the key developments and challenges and benchmark their own state of play.
The content of the course undergoes constant review to ensure that participants are brought up to date with the latest standards, products and market trends. New content has been recently developed on the following topics:
- Advanced knowledge on networks
- Security and the vulnerability of networks
- Audio over IP solutions and standards for TV production
- System Design covering monitoring & troubleshooting, network design, connection management, network management and transitioning from SDI to ST2022-6 to ST 2110 and remote production
- An opportunity to discuss Live IP transition strategies with peers
- State of play regarding products, existing standards and current standardization efforts
- Keys to understanding technology developments, with a special highlight on interoperability, monitoring, trouble shooting & security issues
- Characteristics of networks for media
- Challenges and possible strategies for a transition to Live-IP facilities
WHO IT’S FOR
- Chief technology officers, project managers
- Planning engineers, system and network designers and architects
- Broadcast and network engineers involved in developing their broadcaster's production platform
- AV technicians and engineers with either an IT or broadcast technology background in need to complement their knowledge
- Day 1: 09:00 - 17:30
- Day 2: 09:00 - 17:30
- Day 3: 09:00 - 13:00
The programme includes case studies, group exercises, and presentations:
- Introduction to Live IP production
- Conceptual model – Live IP production reference architecture
- Networks advanced
- Audio over IP for TV production
- What about security?
- System design
- How to manage the transition to Live IP production