What makes public service media places where LGBTQI+ talent can succeed and prosper? One of the keys is workplace allies - strong sponsors from the “in” groups who go beyond voicing their commitments, to actively supporting LGBTQI+ colleagues. A multitude of reports tell us this is crucial to unleashing creativity and productivity. We have the business case and we understand the human motivations to include. So, what’s stopping us? In this session work with storytelling to explore the role of LGBTQI+ Allies. We will attempt to unlock how allyship and an inclusive workplace translate to better resonance with our audiences and other key stakeholders. Attendees should expect actionable insights they can implement in their organizations.
- Barbora Sichanova, Editor-in-chief of Czech Radio
- Georgine Kellerman (she/her), Head of Studio, Essen & International Correspondent, WDR
- Giuseppe Berardone, Vice President, Product Supply & Global Innovation, & Leader at Gable Europe (LGBT+ Staff Network), Procter & Gamble
- Manda Hatter, Head of Operations, Founder & Chair ABC Pride, Australia
- Heaton Dyer, Chief Growth Officer, Pink Triangle Press
- Jean Philip De Tender, Deputy Director General & Media Director, EBU