EBU @ IBC 2013
EBU Members and the wider media community are invited to visit the EBU booth at IBC 2013 to discuss the latest developments with colleagues, and share information and experiences.
A number of cutting edge demonstratoins will be mounted by the EBU Technology & Innovation team with support from EBU Members and key partners. This year's demos will include:
- the latest research on creating more immersive video and audio experiences with UHDTV and binaural sound;
- progress towards fully networked production environments, in a BBC R&D demo;
- scalable cloud architectures with virtualised services using open source software;
- introducing the EBU's work on automated, file-based Quality Control and the FIMS quality assurance interface;
- and the next steps in making digital and hybrid radio work for smartphones and tablets.
The EBU booth will include a theatre with presentations on key EBU work areas scheduled every 30 minutes throughout the days of the exhibition.
The complete schedule of presentations is available here.
Once again the EBU will have a strong presence at the IBC Conference, including the following sessions and presentations:
- Public Service Media: Innovation & Inspiration - in association with the EBU (Saturday 14 June, 15.30-17.00)
- EBU Loudness Breakfast (Monday 16 June, 08.00-09.00)
- EBU Director General Ingrid Deltenre will speak during the IBC Leaders' Summit, an invitation-only event on Thursday 12 September
- "Anonymity or authentication? Enabling hybrid services that are personalised but private" - a technical presentation from Mathias Coinchon (EBU), during the Smart Viewer Interfaces session (Friday 13 September, 15.30-17.00)
- Justyna Kurczabinska, manager of the Eurovision News Exchange, will chair the session "Production Technologies 2 - New Tools" (Monday 16 September, 13.30-15.00)
Free Entry to IBC 2013
Customer Code: 4399
This customer code will allow you to register for the IBC Exhibition for FREE, even after early brid registration has closed. With your registration pass, you will also receive a 6 day travel pass, which you can pick up from Information Points on site.
Visit www.ibc.org/register and enter the customer code at the end of your registration.
RAI Exhibition Centre, Amsterdam