SkillsXchange at News Xchange
Head of Corporate Development and Strategic Initiatives
+41 22 717 2230
The next edition of the our SkillsXchange programme will take place during the News Xchange, the biggest news industry event of the year.
On this occasion, two young professionals working within newsroom environments of EBU Member organizations will be invited to come to Copenhagen and take part in a 35-minutes panel discussion about “Leadership Challenge - Managing A New Generation of Journalists” during conference.
Both parties will exchange and debate opinions to gather inspiration and define points of action to:
- create effective dialogues between the leaders of today and the leaders of tomorrow, and
- challenge the current news landscape and exchange ideas and solutions to create real change in the industry.
The two candidates selected will also be invited to access all areas and sessions of the event, and to network and exchange knowledge and ideas with other young professionals, senior managers, experts and international delegates from the news industry.
SkillsXchange participants will:
- take part in a 35-minutes panel discussion about the topic “Learning Leadership – Managing a Generation of Journalists’ during the News Xchange conference.
- be invited to access all sessions of the conference and network with top experts in the News Industry
- be encouraged to produce free-style social media coverage of the findings of the Conference and how they can be applied to the Candidate’s daily work
- will be requested to deliver a brief report (in any format: e.g. blog post, video, Snapchat story) two weeks after the event about a topic pre-defined with the programme mentor about thoughts and lessons learned from the conference.
- work as multimedia journalists, producers, designers, social media experts and/or digital storytellers within a newsroom context
- be an employee of an active EBU Member organization
- be aged under 34 years old (the age criteria will be flexible if the candidate’s motivation and profile are suitable for the programme)
In order to apply for this SkillsXchange programme or if you are interested in submitting a candidate from your organization, please read the Terms and Conditions and Application Form and send the completed form by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is 14 November 2016 at 23:59 CET. Only applications received before the application deadline shall be taken into account.
More about past editions of SkillsXchange
Accommodation and Travel
News Xchange will cover the cost of the conference participation fee for successful candidates, as well as accommodation and lunches during the event. The cost of flight or train tickets to and from Copenhagen will also be covered.
Ørestads Boulevard 13