Access Services Plenary meeting 2015, Brussels / EBU
This year's meeting will be held in Berlin on 2 November, at the kind invitation of ARD/RBB. The event is open to all EBU Members and to special guests upon invitation.
PRE-EVENTS ON 1 NOVEMBER
All participants are invited to attend 2 events on the day before the AS plenary meeting, on 1 November.
- From 14:00: Visit to ARD Text (live-subtitling) at RBB Potsdam (upon appointment)
- 17:30: A guided tour of the historical side of RBB Berlin, Haus des Rundfunks (HdR) - the first radio building in Germany - to be followed by a reception.
Please tick the corresponding boxes in the online registration form if you’re interested!
PLENARY MEETING ON 2 NOVEMBER
Download the final 2016 programme (.PDF)
Broadcasters are not only affected by the Audiovisual Media Services Directive and national legislation but more and more by other kinds of agreements such as the EU Accessibility Act or the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. This becomes more and more a problem if broadcasters have to offer access services on all devices and distribution channels.
What should broadcasters do to minimize costs and provide the best service possible?
We’ll tackle the question in greater depth in a dedicated session presented by Jacques Lovell, EBU European Affairs Adviser.
We will also share knowledge, best practices and experiences to enable EBU Members to find out about new services, tools and ongoing projects designed to meet access service needs.
Here is a glimpse into some of the sessions scheduled for this year's AS meeting:
- SPEECH RECOGNITION, RESPEAKING AND (SEMI-) LIVE SUBTITLING
Gunter Saerens, Head of subtitling department
Erik De Snerk, Member of the Eurovision Access Services Experts’ bureau, Manager of Production Facilities and Coordinator of Access Services, VRT, Belgium VRT
- ARTE'S MULTILINGUAL OFFERS AND THE EXAMPLE OF ARTE EUROPE
Chloé Roux, ARTE
- UPDATE ON EUROPEAN ACCESSIBILITY ACT
Jacques Lovell, European Affairs Adviser, EBU
- ACCESS SERVICES ACROSS EUROPE: PRESENTATION OF THE PAN-EUROPEAN SURVEY RESULTS
Gion Linder, Head of Swiss Text, Chairman of the Access Services Experts Group
- HBB4ALL: HBBTV-BASED ACCESS SERVICES AND LESSONS LEARNED
Annette Wilson, Project Manager, RBB Innovation Projects, RBB, Germany
- Special showcase on HBB4ALL
- Demo from Authôt
ABOUT LAST YEAR'S MEETING
Last year, over 50 Member delegates attended the Eurovision Access Services Experts 2015 meeting in Brussels. Read more on ebu.ch: News article / Programme and presentations from last year’s edition
- Gion Linder, Chairman of the Eurovision Access Services Experts’ group, Head of SWISS TX, Switzerland
- Jacques Lovell, European Affairs Adviser, EBU
- Gunter Saerens, Head of subtitling department, VRT, Belgium
- Erik De Snerk, Member of the Eurovision Access Services Experts’ bureau, Manager of Production Facilities and Coordinator of Access Services, VRT, Belgium
- Nigel Megitt, Co-chairman of the EBU XMLSubs group, BBC, UK
- Annette Wilson, Project Manager, RBB Innovation Projects, RBB, Germany
- Chloé Roux, Head of Dubbing and Subtitling Department and Marysabelle Cote, Head of President's Office, Arte
- Dr Ingo Bosse, TU Dortmund University, Germany
- Mário Sequeira, Head of Accessibility Unit, RTP, Portugal
- Eva-Maria Hinterwith, Strategic Planning & Coordination, ORF, Austria
Adresse: Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg (rbb), Berlin, Germany
Date limite d'inscription: 28 oct. 2016
Langues de travail: English
The participation fee is EUR 199 for EBU Members and EUR 299 for non-Members (upon approval by the Access Services Bureau).
From 14:00: Visit to ARD Text (live-subtitling) at RBB Potsdam (upon appointment)
17:30: A guided tour of the historical side of RBB Berlin, Haus des Rundfunks (HdR) - the first radio building in Germany - to be followed by a reception
Access to all sessions of the Eurovision Access Services Experts meeting at RBB Berlin
Lunch and coffee breaks at the venue
You will be issued with an invoice after the event.
Download the final 2016 programme (.PDF)
Hotel recommandations & special rates (.PDF)
Please be aware of the release deadlines for the pre-booked rooms: 24 September and 4 October.
RBB (Masurenallee 8–14, 14057 Berlin)
Project Manager, Digital