Global Constructive Journalism Conference
Deputy Director General, Director of Media
+41 22 717 2068
The second Global Constructive Journalism conference will go international, taking place in Geneva, a city of global governance on 18 January 2019.
The event is co-hosted by the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies and will bring together journalists, media professionals, diplomats, students and scientists from around the world.
These are some of the questions which will be tackled and debated during the one day conference:
- How can more responsible journalism lead to deeper engagement (and higher revenues)?
- Is constructive journalism a needed change or hot air?
- How can media help rebuild post-conflict societies?
- Should access to trusted information be a human right?
- How can journalism be made more relevant, trusted and future-oriented?
Participants will hear from speakers from a wide range of organizations – from the United Nations to the Guardian; from the BBC to Google; from the Swedish Television to Facebook; from Die Zeit to Oxford University.
The event is sponsored by Google and supported by the European Broadcasting Union, the United Nations, Fondation Hirondellle, FSK Invest, Effective Altruism Geneva, Solutions Journalism Network and the World Editors Forum within WAN-IFRA.
Graduate Institute, Chemin Eugène-Rigot 2, 1202 Geneva
+31 624 665 995