Senior Manager Digital, Transformation and Platforms
The EBU Digital Committee contributes to guiding and driving the shift to digital in EBU Members. The Committee was installed in 2015 and is the principal steering body in the EBU’s digital media sector. It works in the interests of all Members, by:
- Recommending the strategy and objectives of the EBU Digital Unit within the Media Department and overseeing these activities according to a jointly defined work plan.
- Helping the EBU to identify the strategic challenges that impact the production, distribution and innovation of public service media (PSM) digital content, products or services.
- Representing EBU Members’ interests in all digital content strategy and production matters by producing recommendations for the EBU to formulate shared positions and engaging in mandated discussions with third parties.
- Encouraging and involving all EBU Members in the production and sharing of digital content.
- Monitoring and supporting members in digital transformation and translating Members’ needs into proposals for EBU services.
The current Committee was elected at the 2023 EBU Digital Assembly part of the Media Summit and has formulated a new strategy to move forward and create a bigger impact within all existing genres and platforms in Media.
João Pedro GalveiasChair
Director of Digital Services, RTP (Portugal)
Director of Content and Products, RTÉ (Ireland)
Head of Digital Partnerships, SR (Sweden)
Head of Digital Strategy, ZDF (Germany)
Head of Internet Department, LRT (Lithuania)
Head of Innovation, France Télévisions (France)
Head of Digital Content/Rtve Play, RTVE (Spain)
Head of Online Department, TVR (Romania)
Apps/Players Strategy and Partnerships Advisor, RTBF (Belgium)
Responsible For Editorial Planning On Raiplay And Third-Party Platforms, RAI (Italy)
Head of Digital, UA:PBC (Ukraine)
Head of Yle News Lab, Yle (Finland)
Eleanor Van Heyningen
Head of Digital Partnerships, BBC (United Kingdom)