The EBU's AI and Data Group defines the AI and Data Initiative strategy and priorities in order to support EBU Members' data usage and AI-and-data-driven strategies. It brings together EBU Member delegates and EBU permanent services delegates, which are directly involved in carrying out strategic, managerial analytical, technological, legal, content-related or other types of activities related to data usage for their respective organizations.
The main purposes of the group are to:
- identify EBU and Members’ needs and objectives to feed in Members’ data usage and AI-and-data-driven strategies;
- foster a comprehensive understanding across the EBU and within Member organizations with regard to AI-and-data-related issues of relevance of the sector;
- strengthen synergies among Members wherever appropriate;
- develop and decide on the AI and Data Initiative action plan and workflows according to the above-mentioned needs and objectives;
- propose priorities for the AI and Data Initiative in accordance with the general objectives of the EBU;
- coordinate and monitor the AI and Data Initiative activities as set in the action plan;
- provide a forum to facilitate exchange of information and expertise among all participants;
- set up and run a community network involving external academic and experts;
- keep links and cooperation as appropriate with relevant institutional and civil society fora.
General group activities include members surveys, a bi-monthly newsletter, quarterly micro-workshops, participation in public consultations, monthly community sync calls, collaborative cataloguing of relevant tools, annual reports providing practical guidelines, as well as educational opportunities.
The EBU conducts technical work on data and AI at the Technology & Innovation department. For information about these projects, please visit the Data group on tech.ebu.ch.