The EBU's AI and Data Group defines the AI and Data Initiative strategy and priorities in order to support EBU Members' data usage and data-driven strategies. It brings together EBU Member delegates and EBU permanent services delegates, which are directly involved in carrying out strategic, managerial analytical, technological, legal, content-related or other types of activities related to data usage for their respective organizations.
The AI and Data Initiative is a corporate, cross sector and industrial initiative of the EBU. It was launched in July 2015 to help Members leverage data’s potential and remain relevant on a fast evolving competitive market.
The main purposes of the group are to:
- Identify EBU and Members’ needs and objectives to feed in Members’ data usage and data-driven strategies;
- Foster a comprehensive understanding across the EBU and within Member organisations with regard to data-related issues of relevance of the sector;
- Strengthen synergies among Members wherever appropriate;
- Develop and decide on the AI and Data Initiative action plan and workflows according to the above-mentioned needs and objectives;
- Propose priorities for the AI and Data InitiativeI in accordance with the general objectives of the EBU
- Coordinate and monitor the AI and Data Initiative activities as set in the action plan;
- Provide a forum to facilitate exchange of information and expertise among all participants;
- Set up and run a community network involving external academic and experts;
- Keep links and cooperation as appropriate with relevant institutional and civil society fora.
The EBU aims to build a large collective dataset to help boost your Machine Learning applications. Visit and join the EBU ML Data Pool group.