Independence of Public Service Media in Enlargement Countries
This conference is organised by the EBU's Partnership Programme in cooperation with the European Economic and Social Committe (EESC). It offers the opportunity to learn from EBU and local experts with hands-on experience to discuss the specific challenges faced by public service media in EU Enlargement countries.
Recent EU enlargement progress reports have flagged the existence of a strong and independent public service broadcasting as an important factor for media freedom and democracy. Our Partnership Programme runs several activities in this region, supporting media organizations in their transformation into reputable and independent public services media.
You can find a PDF copy of the programme under 'Downloads'. Speakers will include:
- Ms Ingrid Deltenre, EBU Director General
- Mr Knut Fleckenstein, Member of the European Parliament
- Ms Dunja Mijatović, OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media
- Mr Ionut Sibian, EESC , President of the Western Balkans Follow-up Committee
- Mr Cveto Stantič, EESC, member of the Communication Group
- Mr Oliver Vujovic, SEEMO Secretary General
EESC, room VMA3, rue Van Maerlant 2, 1000 Brussels
This project is funded by the European Union