Eurovision SkillsXchange at Prix Italia
Head of Corporate Development and Strategic Initiatives
+41 22 717 2230
The Eurovision SkillsXchange programme is an Erasmus-style Programme for young professionals working with Public Service Broadcasters in Europe and beyond.
The EBU is proud to present in partnership with its Italian EBU Member Rai, its new SkillsXchange programme which is intended to be the first of many to come. The Eurovision Media Department will coordinate a series of programme exchanges, events and an online forum to facilitate the exchange of knowledge, know-how and ideas between young professionals working within EBU Member Broadcasting Organisations.
The Programme's goal is to offer the Candidates an opportunity to broaden their experience and to spread fresh ideas and innovative practices by taking part in an international exchange.
The first edition of this Programme will take place within the Prix Italia (Turin, 19-24 September). It addresses candidates interested in following, analysing, participating and reviewing the organisational process and the outcomes of one of the most important event in today's media landscape.
During the week in Turin, candidates will be involved in the following digital areas:
- Web Competition and related panels - a specific knowledge of the panorama of trans-media storytelling productions is required;
- Web presence of Prix Italia focusing especially on the main website, to study their pattern of content publishing, suggest improvements and procedures for easier user interaction and social integration. Some experience in actual web developing will be a bonus;
- Observing the Prix Italia’s use of social networks to develop recommendations for a new social media strategy;
- Data visualisation project to create daily items during the festival about statistics related (directly and indirectly) to the Prix Italia, competition entries, Rai and the city of Turin, etc. Content would be distributed via the official social media channels and website;
- Producing recommendations for the more efficient dissemination of the content of Prix Italia, from streaming to podcasts, media gallery, blogs, Jury deliberations, multimedia archive, speakers' slides, written reports - to analyze the process of content providing to a broader international audience, helping us to develop an integrated approach to the issue;
- After the Prix Italia, each Candidate will present a final report (in any format) with comments and suggestions based on his/her experience;
The Candidates will be invited to follow the proceedings of Prix Italia and will have access to all areas and events. They are invited to talk to people involved in the organization, and with guests. They will be encouraged to participate actively and to use their storytelling skills, alongside our staff, while maintaining their role as observers and witnesses.
Participation upon invitation only. Please contact Madiana Asseraf for more information.
Deadline to present candidates: 15 August 2015
Prix Italia, Turin, Italy
Additional Event Details
Prix Italia (Turin, Italy, 19-24 September 2015) is the Creativity Laboratory of Radio/TV/Online Media around the world, this year devoted to explore the Power of Storytelling.