Women in public service media content workshop
Senior News Producer
The EBU’s next Gender Equality event will take place at the National Theatre of Belgium in Brussels, on Thursday 8 February, at 19:30.
Participants will attend the premiere of "Women of Sciences", an RTBF-EBU co-production launched on the occasion of the UN's International Day of Women and Girls in Science on 11 February with the support of UNESCO and the Wallonia Academy for Research and Higher Education (ARES).
The event will take place in the presence of guests of honour Lidia Brito, UNESCO’s Assistant Director General for Natural Sciences in November 2023 and Laurence Rosier, President of the Women in Science committee, ARES.
Please note the evening session is fully booked.
Keynote speeches will be delivered by our guests of honour:
- Věra Jourová, European Commission Vice-President for Values and Transparency
- Jean-Paul Philippot, RTBF CEO
- Jean-Philip De Tender, EBU Deputy Director General
Schedule for the event:
- 19:30 CET: Speeches followed by the screening
- 20:50 CET: Panel discussion moderated by Claudia Castro
- 21:30 CET: Cocktail party
The EBU and RTBF have worked with Rai, ORF, BBC, SWR, and LRT to co-produce a series showing how six women became leading figures in their respective STEM fields and illustrating their challenges and successes to inspire the new generations.
The screening will feature highlights from six short films and will be followed by a panel discussion:
- Anne-Marie Imafidon, CEO and Founder, Stemettes
- Sarah Baatout, Head of Radiobiology Unit, Belgian Nuclear Research Centre
- Monica Gori, Head of Unit for Visually Impaired People, Italian Institute of Technology
- Cécile Gonfroid, Head of Technologies, RTBF
- Laurence Rosier, President of the Women in Science committee, Academy for Research and Higher Education (ARES), Wallonia-Brussels
- Safia Kessas, Head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, RTBF
EBU members joining us in Brussels are invited to take part in a working session of the EBU’s DEI community on Gender/Women in PSM content, from 12:00 at the EBU Brussels office.
Take advantage of this opportunity to connect during our afternoon session aiming to strengthen and build connections between colleagues while discussing and exchanging views on key issues concerning gender equality in PSM.
If you haven't already booked your hotel, RTBF has shared some hotel suggestions:
- Ibis Brussels off Grand Place - Rue du Marché aux Herbes 100, Brussels 1000
- Hotel Hubert Grand Place - Rue d'Arenberg 18, Brussels 1000
- Warwick Brussels - Rue Duquesnoy 5-7, Brussels 1000
- Novotel Brussels off Grand'Place - 120 Rue Du Marche Aux Herbes, Brussels 1000
- NH Collection Brussels Centre - Boulevard Adolphe Max 7, Brussels 1000