9th News and Technology Seminar
News External Relations Manager & Digital News Lead
+41 22 717 28 50
The News and Technology Seminar is designed for delegates from both editorial and technical backgrounds. The focus will be on demonstrating and discussing how EBU Members can make the best creative use of technical innovations and share best practices and solutions.
Our 9th News and Technology Seminar will take place at the CERN in Geneva, Switzerland. The two-day meeting will begin on Tuesday 3 October and close at 16:00 on Wednesday 4 October.
The 2017 News & Technology Seminar will give EBU members a chance to:
- INSPIRATION See clever new technology ideas translated into practical examples great editorial content.
- EXPERTISE Hear from specialists from inside Member News departments about how they have harnessed new technology ideas benefit their newsrooms and their audiences/users
- LEARNING Explore how Mobile Journalism is expanding, audience data is developing and machines are starting to translate and transcribe
- GUESTS Attend keynote presentations about science and the media from Assoc. Prof. Walter Quattrociocchi (University of Venice), Fergus Walsh (BBC) and Prof. Freya Blekman (Vrije Universiteit Brussel)
- PRACTICAL Get up to date with the new tools and apps available from the EBU to support your newsroom
- NETWORK Share good practice, get inspired by others and grow your network of EBU friends and contacts
There will be a wide range of expert speakers and panelists as well as a tour to the Eurovision Newsroom.
Information provided at registration
CH-1211 Geneva 23