News Exchange Webinar: US Presidential Elections
News External Relations Manager & Digital News Lead
+41 22 717 28 50
On 3 November 2020, Americans will head to the polls and render their verdict on the Donald Trump presidency. Control of the US Congress, state legislatures and governorships are also in play. But the big question is whether the incumbent president can win re-election.
Join us in this webinar to help you navigate and plan your coverage of what will certainly be the second biggest story of the year.
- Katherine Reedy, US Foreign Press Centers, will give us a general overview of where we stand.
- Elena Cosentino, International News Safety Institute (INSI), will advise on staying safe.
- Stefan Niemann, ARD US Correspondent, will bring the EU perspective and share his experience in covering previous US Presidential Elections.
- Sarah Lanningham, Vice President News and Events Eurovision Americas, Inc (EAI), will explain how EAI can help you cover the story.
- Time permitting, a Q&A will follow but you can already submit your questions during the registration process.
How to participate
- After registering you will receive an invite to a Teams meeting.
- How to join a Teams meeting.
Online meeting etiquette
Due to the nature of the meeting we ask you to observe the following meeting etiquette:
- Keep your mic muted always except for when you would like to speak.
- You can turn your camera off if the internet connection is slow and turn it on when you need to speak.
- Make sure you are well lit and in a quiet room.
- If you would like to speak, try to do it without interrupting the person currently speaking.
*If you haven't received the invitation and you would like to join us please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org