Fiction Experts Annual Meeting
Senior Project Manager
+41 22 717 2885
We look forward to welcoming you to the Fiction Experts Meeting on 18 May 2021. We’ll update you on the latest work relating to drama, discuss a brand new prebuy network and see how we can make drama more sustainable.
Drama Update 2021: Towards a drama prebuy network for high-end drama.
This concept aims at offering EBU Members privileged access to European high-end coproductions while guaranteeing a talent-friendly environment to producers and preserving simplicity and agility principles.
- Elly Vervloet, VRT (Belgium)/EBU
- Simone Emmelius, ZDF (Germany)
- Manuel Alduy, France TV (France)
- Dermot Horan, RTE (Ireland)
How to make drama sustainable? Green storytelling and green production at stake!
TV drama has a long way to go when it comes to operating more sustainably. In this session the European Producers club, the Dutch broadcaster NTR, We are Albert and the successful producer of high end drama Howard Ella will share best practice, and will tell how they met challenges and accelerated progress.
- Tone Rønning, NRK & Chair of the EBU Fiction Experts Group
- Alexandra Lebret, European Producers Club (France)
- Ellen Heemskerk, NTR (Netherlands)
- Marina Blok, NTR (Netherlands)
- Roser Canela-Mas, Albert / BAFTA (U.K.)
- Howard Ella, Netflix (U.K.)
If you’re interested in young adults fiction, you’ll enjoy the Drama for Youth: What Works? webinar taking place on 18 May at 14:30.