On 25 April 2022, the Artificial Intelligence and Data Initiative (AIDI) put a spotlight on the German public broadcaster Bayerischer Rundfunk (BR) and their current work-in-progress on AI and data.
This event focused on how to use AI, automation and data analysis for regionalization, which is core for the mission of BR. Presentations topics introduced prototypes around personalized audio, dialect speech models and landmark recognition. Different teams gave an overview of where AI and automation is to find within the organization – also apart from regionalization.
- Overview: Algorithmic News Production at BR
- Algorithmic Regionalization at Bavarian Broadcasting
- Recognition of Local Landmarks in Videos
- Dialect Language Model
- Remix Regional: Personalized Regional Audio News Briefing
- BR’s AI Ethics Guidelines