Legal and Policy Committee
Senior Executive Assistant & Membership Legal Secretary
+41 22 717 25 05
Legal & Policy Director
+41 22 717 25 13
The Legal and Policy Committee is a body elected by the Legal and Public Affairs Assembly.
Its general role is to promote and defend public service media in Europe, particularly vis-à-vis the European Union, as well as to establish and implement the EBU's European legal and public affairs strategy.
The committee analyzes specific topics and makes proposals on sectoral strategy; it can also formulate official positions.
- Read an overview of the EBU's Legal and Policy services
- EBU Position Paper on the European Media Freedom Act
- EBU proposed Amendments to the Commission's Proposal for a European Media Freedom Act
- EBU Draft Position Paper on Piracy of Live Content
- European Commission Public Consultation "Combatting online piracy of live content"
VIDEOCONFERENCE CONNECTION DETAILS
If you are a Member of the Legal and Policy Committee and need to be provided with the connection details, please contact Mélanie Alexandre