On the occasion of International Women's Day, the EBU Gender Equality Group will present live some of the best practices regarding women's representation in their organization's content, followed by a discussion on key challenges and areas for improvement in the field.
The programme will include:
- Welcome message by Noel Curran, EBU General Director.
- An opening message and intro by Vanessa O'Connor, EBU Director of Member Relations and Communications, including an overview of the key findings from the new report on Gender Equality in Public Service Media (PSM) presented by EBU's Senior Media Analyst Florence Hartmann (Media Intelligence Service).
- Presentations on how some of our Members are responding to unbalanced or unfair women's representation in PSM content with concrete editorial strategies and objectives.
- Best practices in PSM news, fiction and sports content.
- A moderated discussion on key challenges and key areas for improvement where the audience will be invited to participate.
- A wrap-up and key takeaways for PSM Programme Directors by EBU Media Director Jean Philip De Tender.
- Tinatin Berdzenishvili (GPB) — to open the panel and provide the discussion's framework.
- Nina Goswami (BBC) — on the 50:50 The Equality Project, the biggest collective action on increasing women’s representation in BBC content that there’s ever been.
- Simona Martorelli (RAI) — on Rai's recent report, partnership and campaign on gender equality.
- Viktorija Cieminyé (LRT) — on the recent experience from the partnership project implemented jointly with the Lithuanian Journalism Centre.
- Cliona O’Leary (RTE) — representing the Women in Sports group.
Moderator: Madiana Asseraf-Jacob (EBU)
- Viktorija Cieminytė (LRT)