AIDI Spotlight on the BBC’s AI Work
The Artificial Intelligence and Data Initiative (AIDI) puts a spotlight on the BBC and their work on AI and data, both in R&D and production.
This event, taking place on 27 September at 16:00, is the second instalment of a new series of virtual visits of EBU Members focusing on their AI-related work. We invite participants to look for commonalities, opportunities for contributions, collaborations with the BBC and get to know their work and team members.
- Introduction and notes — Ben Fields
- Using AI Techniques to Select Images with Editorially Desirable Characteristics for Thumbnail Purposes — Graeme Phillipson (presenting) and Alice Foster
- The benefits of combining human & machine tagging to describe content —Tom Hodgkinson
- Recommendations at BBC’s iPlayer — Jana Eggink
- Leveraging BBC Introducing — Kristine Grivcova
- Closing discussion and remarks