AIDI workshop on Generative AI
11 May 2023
This workshop organized by the AI and Data Initiative in collaboration with the News and Media departments, focused on the challenges, opportunities and impact of Generative AI on public service media - from ethical, strategic and creative perspectives. This event open to all EBU Members included both expert presentations and group discussions.
Invited speakers shared their expertise on the topic, in particular:
- Use cases and what the risks and ethical implications of Generative AI mean for media organizations and professions
- Insights into the creative process of using Generative AI in the arts and as creative tool in public service media work
- Concrete examples of Generative AI use in PSM production and audience reception
- Ethical considerations regarding Generative AI and journalism, in particular questions of transparency, credibility, and misinformation
- The latest legal and policy developments taking place at EU level regarding Generative AI systems and how to navigate them
Check out the programme for more information.